Fleet management and police-vehicle maintenance company Venson has released a survey on motorists’ opinions about EVs. The key findings are below.
- 69% were concerned about a lack of EV charging points across the UK*
- 57% reported limited range was still a barrier when considering an EV.
- 86% of motorists surveyed said that a ‘lack of clarity in terms of ownership implications as a company car driver’ is a thing of the past
- Over 66% of drivers said that they had a good understanding of the costs and convenience of owning an EV.
- 13% of motorists cited lack of ‘try before you buy’ options as an obstacle to purchase
- A mere 5% of people surveyed said they are worried about manufacturer lead times in acquiring an EV.
- 41% expressed concern over the practicalities of being able to charge their vehicle at home.
- 30% said they had concerns over service, maintenance and repair costs.
The size of the survey, released on 21/08/19, wasn’t stated.
*The UK’s Department of Transport recently reported that there are now more charging stations than petrol stations in the UK – here are now over 24,000 public charging connectors in almost 9,000 locations.